When I had the chance to taste Jollibee’s Cheesy Bacon Mushroom Champ, I was so excited to again “replicate” another interesting dish. Well, Jollibee’s take on this recipe is rated two thumbs up. I am hoping that this will not be placed in Jollibee’s “phased-out” food basket. Well I tried my best to make this recipe as close to the original as possible. Have fun!
6 – 10 medium-sized burger buns
1/4 kg. honeycured bacon
1/4 cup tomato ketchup
1/2 cup sliced button mushrooms
1 tsp butter
1/2 kg. ground lean beef (angus beef is better)
1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
3 tbsp. all purpose flour
1 white onion, minced
salt and pepper
1 small resealable pack of Cheez Whiz
1/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
1/3 cup fresh milk
1. In a large bowl, combine the ingredients for patties. Adjust the taste by frying small samples. Form the patties and place them on a clean tray.
2. In a shallow flat pan, cook the bacon until golden brown. Set aside and leave the oil for frying the patties.
3. Fry the beef patties in both sides until brown, at least 3 minutes each side. Set aside.
4. Slightly toast the burger buns in an oven toaster or gas oven. Set aside.
5. Combine the ingredients for cheese sauce in another cooking pan. Boil for a couple of minutes until dissolved. Set aside.
6. Cook the mushrooms in butter for 3 minutes. Set aside.
7. Arrange the burger in this order: bottom bun, ketchup, beef patty, bacon, mushroom, cheese sauce, and top bun.
8. Place the burgers on a serving tray.
Reminder, having a piece of this burger is considered a heavy meal. Enjoy!