What songs do you listen to when working or studying?

Many researches have shown that music may have an effect on a person who is studying or working. Some of these researches further indicates that certain types of music may have a positive or negative effect depending on the listener. So I asked my fellow EGB authors, “What songs/playlist do you listen to when working or studying and why?”

The Voice of the Teachers

Engr. MICHELLE Soledad says:

michelle

NONE. I need absolute silence.

Engr. CHITO de Castro says:

chito

When I was a student, I listened mostly to pop and rock music while studying because it helps to stimulate my thinking process. Fast forward to more than a decade after my college graduation, I couldn’t concentrate on my work unless I’m in the midst of silence or classical music. I’d like to think of it as a matter of preference and not an issue of age!

Engr. APRIL Salazar says:

april

I actually prefer to study in silence especially if I really want to digest what I am reading. But sometimes, I enjoy listening to inspirational Christian songs and instrumental music (piano/acoustic guitar). Usually, something soulful and soothing so that I will feel relaxed. This is also a good combination for a lazy Sunday afternoon (reading + good music).

Engr. LEAH de Castro says:

leah

I don’t really listen to music when I study. I either watch TV or enjoy the silence.

Engr. EDU Maceren says:

EduMaceren

First I prefer to listen an instrumental guitar playlist to prepare myself to study. Then, when I feel a sense of calmness I change my playlist to acoustic cover songs like Boyce Avenue, Bossa (Sitti’s version), etc.. More often than not, studying with music really works to me.

Engr. KEN Noblezada says:

sfsdfsd

I dont listen to any songs or any playlists in particular when working or studying as it breaks my concentration towards the objective of what i really want to do. I enjoy the beauty of silence for both activities.

Engr. ANDREW Espera says:

andrew

Most of the time I study in silence. But next to silence, there are times that I would play classical piano or saxophone instrumental music in my home stereo. This makes me feel calm and ready for some mental digestion.

Engr. LYNITH Datukon says:

6393d22dd15c0ad4140f691ba60b989f

When the work doesn’t require me to think or if the work is repetitive like checking papers and some administrative work, I listen to Harry Potter (and sometimes) Twilight audiobooks. The soothing voice of the reader helps me negate the noises around me and helps me focus more on what I have to do. However if I have to prepare and study for a lesson, which includes reading and solving, I have a “study playlist” full of 90s pop/alternative music because I am a 90s kid and sometimes I sing along.

Engr. Ryu Yamamoto says:

hseds

I listen to classic instrumental music or Japanese songs whenever I study or work. It makes me feel calm and makes me focused on what I’m doing.

The following two tabs change content below.
She is a Civil Engineer by profession and a full-time faculty in the School of Engineering and Architecture at the Ateneo de Davao University, where she graduated in March 2007. She is currently taking up Masters of Engineering major in Civil Engineering from the same university.